Life updates of two boys in the house 🏠
HELLO! How are you?

In reference to my featured post, I will try not to answer this question with just: Yes, I am good haha. Because the truth is, life with two boys is hectic as you can imagine. But all glory to God, I am really doing quite well considering the busyness, and for that, I am really thankful :)
Here's my little baby Joven - he is turning 4 months in just a few days time!
![]() |
| Now you know why I nickname him mini lion king haha. |
In all honesty though, my toddler is certainly more challenging. Well, toddlerhood really is another ball game that I am not prepared. Just tonight, he had stalled and cried and screamed for nearly an hour for his bedtime, and my patience ran very VERY thin. And this is of course not the first time. You know how you will see toddlers running and screaming in the shopping mall? No more judgement because I understand how hard it is to manage toddler's behaviour now and we really try our best though, and still trying lol. (God, give me patience please, lots of patience haha)
But for the past three months when his baby brother was here, it is so heartwarming to see how he adores his brother. There is no jealousy and he just ran to pat and cuddle his brother every chance he gets. Such a sweet big brother! My hope and wish is that when they grow up, this relationship will continue and they will know that they have each other for life 💖
Though they both are so sweet, I am not gonna lie because it is still very hectic and tiring some times. At evening time after Joel come back from childcare, my hubby and I have to divide and conquer - it is a long list of thing to do - making dinner, feeding baby, playing with them, cleaning up. When bedtime arrives, there is bedtime routine for Joel - bath time, story time, cuddles and kisses, and sometimes with lots of screaming and 'no' from a defiant toddler who prefers to continue playing instead of obediently going to bed lol. After we put him down to bed with much struggles, just right on cue, Joven wakes up for his feed again and awake for another 2 hours before he goes down for his longest stretch of sleep through the night. So it is like a relay race every day, leading to a long night, and sometimes we don't get the down times until 10pm.
And down time is very much needed in this household, which I also think is one of the challenging aspects of parenting for me. The down times does not come easy anymore! Our life has forever changed since having kids, now two of them just makes having me time much harder.![]() |
| Or you just have to hold two of them at the same time haha |
So that is the truth - as much as I enjoy this phase, I am also finding it challenging because we are so drained at the end of the day, and having kids means you cannot put your time on hold and wait, because things that need to be done have to be done. It is still very task-based with so many responsibilities to meet the needs of the kids on a day-to-day basis. At the same time it is also quite emotionally draining because now that I am with this 2.5 years old toddler who is learning so much more from his surroundings, I have to stop and ask myself especially at the moments of anger - am I setting a good example for him?
Oh the worries. And I know it is not the only thing that worries me as a parent haha. So I am basically just holding on to this - we try our best in this parenting gig, and for the most parts where we cannot control, we leave it to God. And I can only pray that God will be the guiding light to our little ones that ultimately, they will find Him.
So ya, I am good! Again, this answer comes with a whole paragraph haha. But with so much helps the past few months with my mum, my parents in law and my sister, we are actually doing much better than anticipated since we can delegate some of the tasks to them. I also start bringing Joel to many play dates with some of the mums that I have established relationship with, so even I am still in my maternity leave, I am quite busy in a good way. I have longed to step out of my comfort zone to make a village for us because I believe we should not do parenting alone, and I am excited to see who God will bring into our lives in this season of life.


And if you are reading this post, you are part of our village too! 😊 Thank you for listening and please find in your heart to pray for us that in this season, God will lay in our hearts for the people that we can connect with and equip us with the wisdom and strength that we need for every challenges that come across our way. For all glory belong to Him! 🙏🏼















Comments
Post a Comment