Easter hunt (not Easter eggs!)

Trying to blog using my mobile phone today so to test whether it's possible. Thanks Xuan for the inspiration ๐Ÿ˜ If I could blog with mobile, then I will blog more often (Reader's special treat!) ๐Ÿ˜†

Last weekend we celebrated Easter holiday. YAY to long weekend! If you wonder why we celebrate Easter, it's to remember Jesus who died on the cross and rose again on the third day. It's a very meaningful time as we remember and reflect how much God loves us to even die for our sins, but the story does not end there. It would have been a sad story if it ends here but Jesus is resurrected after three days - He is risen! On the cross, He was broken, but not defeated. Therefore, we celebrate because it is ultimately a good news for each and everyone of us for there is hope, and there is love ๐Ÿ’–

So I am reminded of His love and it was a well spent long weekend. What do I up to during Easter? Well, the kids hunts for the Easter egg, but I hunt for this lovely creature named: UooUoo (pronounced as you-you). 

Which one is your favourite? My bias was the last picture! It was drawn using stencil art and we were so fortunate that the artist was there too. The drawing was so pretty and so detailed!

So you can see that these cute creatures are placed everywhere in Melbourne city and you can find them once you download the app. I am SUPER late to this game because it already started in January but I only started playing on 27th March and the whole installation will end on 7th April, which is today! 

My husband said it is the old man version of PokemonGo haha. Maybe that's why I was so excited playing. (Yes yes I know I am probably the ONLY one who still play PokemonGo HAHA ๐Ÿ˜‚) So the Easter time also marked my last attempt to collect them so we went to St Kilda beach to do some final collection. My goal is quite attainable because I only aim to finish 50% of the collection. There is a total of 100 of them so what is my final score? 

51 out of 100! My friends helped me too since they know I am playing and they just took picture and sent it to me whenever they saw UooUoo on the street HAHA๐Ÿ˜‚ But I can say it with confidence that I did manage to collect 47 of them at least. I walked 12000 steps at least on the days I ventured out to search for them๐Ÿ˜Give me A for effort please ๐Ÿ…ฐ. 

So my Easter is marked with the conclusion of this hunt but that's not all. The highlight is definitely on the Resurrection Sunday, when a group of us cruised down the Yarra river.

It is such a unique experience because we are the captain of the boat ourselves! It's a small boat with maximum 8 people on board, no staff is helping us so we are to steer the boat. 7 of us went onboard, plus a baby and a dog! (The cutest thing is that Jer is soooo cute with the dog's life jacket!) We cruised for an hour for $139 so it is not too overly priced either. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves because the weather was just so fine for a cruise - not too warm and not too chilly. With the birds chirping and a perfect weather, it had such peaceful and calm effect that fill my entire soul. I remembered I looked up to the sky and marveled at the beautiful creation, and giving thanks for the lovely group of friends and for His love. 

 

It reminded me of the scenes in the movie Soul. What we are searching in life is probably not that one big purpose, but it is to truly live and appreciate life. All that is to life - the big or small things, are worth experiencing for.

And I am thankful๐Ÿ˜ŠFor God brought me to Australia, and through time, I slowly come to love this part of my life. Sustained by His love and hope, I will continue to march forward towards the uncertainty that lies ahead.  

My dear family and friends, may this Easter be a season of renewed hope and love for you and may you come to experience His love one day. ๐Ÿ’–

Thinking and praying for you.  ~ Loves, Susan

Comments

  1. Hehe I’m back to blogger!!!!
    And omg I love this sentence
    “What we are searching in life is probably not that one big purpose, but it is to truly live and appreciate life. All that is to life - the big or small things, are worth experiencing for”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment