Violette's Adventure 🚴
Her name is Violette! Isn't she lovely? 😃 This is my new bike that I bought two days ago! I am still very excited for this. It's not something unplanned, and trust me it has been on my mind for way too long (last year in fact during the lockdown) to have a bike of my own. And my dream comes true on one of my good friend's birthday (sorry Jun, it seems like I hijacked your birthday present haha)
My first ride - along Yarra River! Got the bike around 4pm and went out right after, it just proved how excited I am!
I know it sounds too long for cycling (you probably faster than me on foot running haha) and I figured it is because I had many stops along my ride. I can't capture video (anyone want to sponsor me GoPro lol) while I am riding but I really enjoyed the wind and the view. It was winter so it was cold but I got warmed up while cycling. It felt good to feel the heart rate climbing and body warming up in cold winter night. And when I saw beautiful views, I sometimes just stopped my bike and enjoyed the views.
I had these view not during my cycling but the days before I got the bike when I visited Yarra River to catch sunset and ultimately fail (sun didn't come out haha). But I realize the night view along Yarra river is really amazing too so maybe it has further reinforced the idea to get a bike of my own! Needless to say, this place will often be my cycling destination these days.
Melbourne road is quite blessed with many bicycle lanes so I felt relatively safe cycling here. Though some roads still have traffic, I try to avoid those roads and only ride in ones that have dedicated bicycle lanes. So far, after three days, I have utilized my bicycles twice so I am kinda proud!
Well, this second adventure is mainly city ride as I tried to explore which road has bike lanes while delivering my homemade bakzhang aka sticky rice dumpling to my friend! And something happened - while I put my coffee which left a little bit in my bicycle's basket, it toppled over and spilled all over my PURPLE bicycle! What have I done to myself 😥
Had no mood to explore further and just cycled home. SOS my beloved husband for help and he came down with wet tissues LOL. My poor bicycle was already tainted after three days 😂 fail la fail.
Maybe in the next post I shall share more for my first bakzhang making too. But for now, enjoy Violette's adventure with pictures.
I am hoping to utilize my bike at least two to three times a week so we will see hehe. That aside, emotionally and physically I am feeling much better so thank you all your concern and love for the past one month. It has been challenging but nonetheless, I am very grateful for slowly moving on from the miscarriage in my own pace. So far, so good 😊
Looking back, I really thank God for blessing me with beautiful friendship and most importantly, His love that sustains me throughout the whole ordeal as I know I will never be alone. There are times that I am still worried, but the whole miscarriage has taught me so much more. The things I learn - patience and trust. And I will continue to learn, one step at a time in this journey called life. And now, I have Violette with me to explore this amazing city! 😂
Till then, see you next time!! 😃

Comments
Post a Comment