Remember in Hope

I don't think any words can express how Victorian felt yesterday. A little bit of context, we were out from the lockdown with dining out and social gathering allowed on 27th July. And just yesterday on the 5th Aug, it was another lockdown announced, barely just a week after we came out! In fact, I went to office to work yesterday NOT knowing I could come back with another lockdown and I even planned for a meet up with friend this coming weekend. I guess that was how shocked we all were. 

At the rate that we are going, I think we need the second or third loyalty card! πŸ™€

I know there are circumstances that I counted myself blessed, but Covid is definitely NOT one of them. That sense of endless cycles going through the same motions of lockdown with restricted movement (now 6th time), and the fact that I am hearing more and more suffering of my friends throughout this season pained me, and how much I wish I can be there for themπŸ˜”

I know positivity is very important in life, so that we can keep our heads up and continue smiling. But I do think it is also important to acknowledge how sad and helpless we are. We are not immune from the sadness and we can't be strong all the times. And I think it is okay, it is okay to cry, and it is okay to feel emotional over the situation surrounding us. 

I am just a human, after all. So are you. 

I still don't have the answer just like my previous post shared, because I don't think anyone can see how far ahead this is going to be. Despite this circumstance, may I share with you my hope? Despite my own circumstance, I want to learn to trust God that He is in control and He has overcome, for this I know, that He had overcome all the suffering and pains. So even though we are helpless and weak, we can be strong in Him. Sometimes, I feel like I can remember, but most of the times, I tend to forget that I can go back to God. I want to remind myself that I can cry out to Him in this season and He listens to my prayers, my pain, your pain, your suffering and even though we don't have all the answer, we can continue to hope in Him.  

In this season, I pray that you will come to share the hope with me too. Let me also share some pictures of what we did during the short one-week of opening up too. Still way too short, but it at least gives me a glimpse of hope to opening up again. I realize, things that we hope for can be so simple. Just being able to dine out and enjoying company of friends, flying home, etc are things that we all took for granted pre-Covid. Sometimes, simple things in life are all that matter. And I guess the reality is, we will be living in a post-Covid world that is going to look a lot different that it used to be 😢 But I know there is always hope, not that things will definitely be better, but in the bigger picture, yes it is going to be such a challenge but we will continue to learn to remember in hope. 

Cycling! But I haven't yet cycled this week since the weather had been quite gloomy. But don't worry guys, I am still bringing Violette out! 

And yes, who watch Olympics badminton like me? Honestly, the bronze medal was really one of the better news amidst all these Covid news. So glad the men double brought home the bronze medal. (I actually missed that game HAHA. I really feel I brought πŸ’© luck though, all the games I watched they lost, the ones I did NOT watch, they WON! OK La, next time I watched replay only πŸ˜‚)

Well, we did not see the lockdown coming but the day before yesterday, we went out for BBQ (Thank God!). And that unagi bowl was what I had yesterday during lunch break right BEFORE the lockdown announced to be at 8pm at night. Well, at least I made it to the last dining out crowd!  

That reminds me, anyone want to start a new habit with me? I plan to read books for this lockdown because man, who knows how long it will last (Premier said one week but oh well..) and so I might as well finally start reading. Can you imagine I have yet to finish a single book in this book rack? LOL. Can help me to choose one? And text/whatsapp me if you want to join me on the reading hehe. 

Take care guys and girls. See you! Hopefully not another lockdown post, but well that is now our norm isn't it? See, it is not easy to always be positive but let me yet remember my hope once again and just keep my chin up. And if anything, please always remember you can reach out to me for a chat, and for prayer, or anything really πŸ’“ Take care! 

Comments