I admit I have not been very consistent in updating my blog. But there is another project in the pipeline and I will let you guys readers know soon enough! 😉 For now, let me update my life here.
What have I been up to really?
I think ever since my last post, which was unfortunately in September, many stuffs have happened! Well, I wouldn't say many because if I can summarize in one sentence, it will be...
NO MORE LOCKDOWN IN MELBOURNE!!
My post in September detailed my first Pfizer vaccine experience, and I had my second dose three weeks after, on 6th Oct. I still remember that day I felt so upset looking at the quiet streets in Melbourne and wishing this lockdown will soon come to an end, but man I never expect Melbourne can answer my prayer this SOON!
 |
| Me going to second dose! |
 |
| Empty street and closed store. But I will show you another picture that shows how lively it was just few days ago! |
Yes, I think it is just weeks after, then we are allowed to dine in again. By end of October, we are allowed to dine in with limited number and by November, we can even rent car and go regional (Which we did of course! HAHA). And the reason is because Melbourne vaccination rate was climbing super fast after my second dose. We achieved 80% fully vaccinated from 29 Oct, and 90% fully vaccinated by 18 Nov. Currently we are sitting at 92% fully vaccinated. It started to slow once we reach 90% though, which is understandable.
Well done Victorians for giving all of us back the much-needed freedom! For now, let me spam you some pictures for Mrs Susan year end adventures 😆
 |
| Flagstaff Garden! Just needed sunlight once in a while. To be fair, during lockdown we are allowed to go to park too! Melbourne's garden is just so pretty to be missed! |
 |
Me chilling at at the Federation Square. These are series of our exploration once we can go out and dine in!
|
Once Melbourne opened up, we also seized the chance to go on a road trip with friend in Warburton. It was about an hour and a half drive. It is famous for its redwood forest and we managed to visit while the sun was still up. After that, it was just pouring and we know that it was going to rain that day, but nonetheless we went on a hike to a waterfall LOL.
 |
| The redwood forest was quite an amazing sight to behold. It was obviously planned plantation, but they were all so tall and it was just so nice to marvel at these amazing creation. |
 |
| You can't see from the picture but it was raining. Pouring even. I have to praise us brave souls who embrace the weather and hike about 1.5 hours to reach the waterfall. |
We also went to another road trip to Echuca, which was the nearest town near to NSW. It was a river town and was famous for its paddlestreamer. We took the chance to go on a river cruise during this trip.
We also attended a animal-themed birthday party, following by attending a unique candlelight concert with my friend (first concert) and second one with my husband (he is the second choice obviously haha). If you are wondering, yes, Melbourne is back with full force with no restriction whatsoever.
 |
| Pretty unique place to have a concert right? It was in a cathedral. |
 |
| Second one with my partner-in-crime just yesterday. It was an anime-themed concert and he only knew the first song (Pokemon Duh haha). But I enjoyed it! So excited when the string quartet played Cardcaptor Sakura (Oh my childhood), Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan theme songs!! |
 |
| Compared this to the second picture! It was at the same spot and you can see people are coming back! I was so happy for Melbourne though, we all need the re-opening, sooner than later because many of us are struggling, not just financially but mentally too. |
Right before this weekend, we also went out to an outing with our life group friends! We went to explore a trail called Merri Creek trail, which was only like 15 minutes bus-ride from our place. And I realize one thing I always love about Melbourne - the trail was so pretty with creek views and some occasional bird spotting. It was the nature that made me feel so energized, and more so when it was just within minutes from my place that I don't even need to travel far to be able to marvel at the wonderful scenery.
And kickstarting the year end month, we have this little one who just arrived two days ago. It will be our first time to take care of a dog, so we were a bit worried. Please pray for us! So far, having to walk the dog twice a day has our lifestyle significantly improved as we have no choice but to walk outside everyday haha. And even in just two days, I realize how good companion a dog can be. He was really such a joy to be with 😊
And that is all! I promise I will update more often next post 😀 Please stay tuned! For now, I have to be honest I will not be active in social media much, but I will make sure to update the readers once in a while through my blogpost.
If I don't remember to write another year end post, I shall wish everyone an early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Looking back, 2021 was definitely not a better year compared with 2020, and personally to me, it has been challenging. Yes I meant the away-from-home and also the miscarriage that happened. It almost felt like years for that miscarriage but it was just half a year ago when all these happened - from the joy of pregnancy to the disappointment and the sadness that comes with losing the baby. But thanks to support from friends and family, I came out stronger and was more ready to share my own personal journey going through this. And trust me, all hopes were not lost. I trust in God's beautiful timing and I am certain He will be faithful. He always will be.
And in the past three months, I am so glad that we can catch a glimpse of how life can be in a post-Covid time. I am not sure how long this will last (Omicron sigh), but I keep my head high and just want to enjoy all these little moments in life while I still can without anymore lockdown restriction, but at the same time, still cautious! As we grapple with uncertainty in life, I believe the only thing that I can do is to worry less, make more memories and meaningful relationship, enjoy life and giving thanks as I go. And I am very certain that next year is going to be challenging but exciting! 😍
I miss home. Melbourne is home to me now, but Malaysia will always be too. Perhaps, the day that we finally meet will come soon. I am not sure how soon it will be but it will certainly come. And I am very sure we will all be very very excited to meet once again!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year once again everyone! 💓
Comments
Post a Comment