Week 36: Counting Down the days...
I am currently in Week 36! π± Can you believe it?
![]() |
| My week 36 pictures! We went to Macedon to see autumn leaves. My husband knows this is my yearly routine - to search for red and bright autumn leaves haha. So glad we manage to find the beautiful leaves too and with less crowd..But it was really cold and the weather wasn't as perfect. |
It is just unimaginable that it has already been 8 months since I am pregnant. But to be honest, I do want time to pass even faster. I know many women enjoy pregnancy, but I can't wait for the little boy to be out soon haha. I know clearly what awaits ahead of me (the sleepless nights, the crying, etc) but as much as I dreaded it, I also feel like I am quite excited for what is to come.
And also, my excitement for pregnancy does wear down already. While I do enjoy my pregnancy look and all the pregnancy perks, I am getting quite tired and worn out for the constant pelvic pain bothering me at night, the frequent peeing and also this constant thought: when is the baby coming? π
![]() |
| This was my week 35 picture. Well, I looked quite tired am I? The day before this picture was taken I woke up three times in the midnight to pee, and it was so painful to turn during my sleep still! |
Yes it's a waiting game now. My baby and body is getting ready for the final run because baby can come anytime after week 37. Some mums that I have heard had babies coming as early as week 35 even! Every baby is different so there's just no telling when he will arrive and for me, there's only one thing I can do - wait. And very patiently at that.
And again, it's something that I am not very good at! Be patient lol. At times, I often feel like pregnancy is a test from God to me especially. The planner in me wishes to have control, but throughout this journey, I can control nothing. And now while we are so close to the end, it's the same - letting go of my control, the timing of the baby arrival, the birth and labour day, and anything and everything that might happen in between. I can do absolutely nothing to make it happens now or the way I want it.
So well, I let go - my worries and concerns and can only trust. In the midst of the uncertainties, while I already have my hospital bag packed and birth plan drafted through, I need to constantly remind myself that things can change and will change. But knowledge is power and I can say throughout the past one month with various antenatal classes, pregnancy podcasts and books, I feel like I am quite ready. Labour pain will come but rather dreading about it, I realize I am looking forward to it to see how I can cope with this whole process - to experience the rite of passage for birth, to challenge myself to birth a new life, and to see how far I can go. And to the life after as a mum, knowing many challenges and changes that will bring, I am also acutely aware that I will not be alone. I have a village to rely on, and also this guy, whom I have spent with for the last decade, for all his unchanging love and support he has for me. And also my God who will lead me by my hands, comforting and encouraging me along the way.
![]() |
| So thankful for the village people! They helped to set up the garden for the baby shower. It was so nice and thoughtful of them and we were really touched for many people turned up too and offered us their well wishes and prayers for us. We feel really supported and loved! |
![]() |
| Er yes. This guy who has been with me for the last decade. We had been together for 12 years already LOL. We really do grow old together yea? |
I say, bring it on baby! Mummy can't wait to see you and hold you in my arms. And meanwhile, know this, You are so so loved ❤
Dear Baby,
We are getting there!! I have to say I am really looking forward to your arrival and can only wish that time pass even faster now! Haha.
It has been a wonderful journey with you inside my belly. Now that we are so close to the end, I would be lying if I say I wouldn't miss your kick and punches inside my belly. You pack a punch by the way, and you like to do it at night when I am sleeping too π
But it's okay, I know it is getting squeezy inside so you are lacking space haha. And I will miss all these little feeling inside my tummy once you are out too. So it's okay, do it the way you like it!π
Mummy and daddy really look forward to welcoming you in our arms. You know this right, but because it is so important that I have to repeat again:
We love you our little peanut. You are forever the little peanut in our hearts. And many uncles and aunties love you too and have been praying for you. You are very, very much loved π
See you real soon! This time, see you in person soonπ
Loves,
Mummy & Daddy






Comments
Post a Comment