Happy Birthday 🎂

Happy Birthday! So yes I am a year older.. but still young at heart la haha. I had done some reflection today so I thought I wanna share this with you guys 🥰

Honestly I couldn't believe how nerdy I was because when my hubby asked for places that I wanted to go for my birthday, I proposed a few exhibitions - LUME, Titanic, BBC Earth lol. So he chose the only one that's available (what a bad timing!) and we ended up here: 
It was an interesting exhibition, though it was relatively small and we only took an hour to finish. It had many actual artefacts that were found from the Titanic wreckage, so that was interesting to see! I learned of how the tragic day went down and still ponder what could have been done differently 😣

Nevertheless, it was still a fun day out because we signed up for Museum annual membership that gave us the free Titanic ticket so I feel it's still good value. We managed to visit the Melbourne museum after and man so many things to learn! Melbourne museum is actually really interesting and if you are a nerd like me, perhaps you can consider the visit the next time! The highlight is definitely this - seeing a 85% complete fossil of triceratops. Gosh I am so in awe 🫢
Look at me fangirling hahaha. 

So we ended our day after our museum visit because..we have a son to pick up from childcare lol. So yes, my past two years birthday are looking a little different. I was looking through the old photos to see how I celebrated my past years' birthday and realise the years from 2019 to 2022 was always a birthday trip where we will go out of the town for a staycation somewhere. Well we could probably still do it with our baby boy, but logistically wise it might be a little challenging. 

But, different doesn't mean bad right? I searched through my old photos since secondary school to now, and realise I am so very blessed with people who dearly love and adore me, and make their times specially for me to celebrate my birthday. It's a special day for me, but even made special by the lots of you 🥰❤️

So, I have come to reflect on this day that while my life here now in Melbourne looks a little different with my little boy and another one on the way (the fatigue level is no joke), the different stage is just... well, different. But it's not too bad after all 😊 Just like how I have braced through my uni, my working life, my settling down in Melbourne and subsequent years of living here, it comes in different parts and parcels - sometimes lonely, sometimes struggling, sometimes grieving, sometimes contentment, and sometimes joy. In all aspects, knowing God in my uni really marks a change in perspective of life in me and it forever changed me. And my family, friends and my boyfriend back then (now hubby lol) who are always supportive, and in tune to my emotions and sharing every parts of life with me, are always my source of comfort and strength. 

And now, I have two little ones who will be in turn to rely on me. The thought of it can be scary, but one that I took comfort knowing that it's scary and different, but I am going to be okay too 😊

So, here is an appreciation post to all my family, friends and yes, my hubby. Life can be busy sometimes, and we seldom chat and talk, but I am thankful and grateful thinking of you, who has been a part of my life who makes me who I am today. 

So here's to all of you: 

Thank you for knowing me, loving me and supporting me. May God always be with you, every step of the way, no matter where your life leads you to. Please know that I am always a phone call/text away, to listen and to share with you every parts of your life, no matter what you are going through ❤️

And to my hubby who is my secret reader 😆, thank you so very much for layan-ing me all the years of random trips, and to love me with all your heart, not through words, but in actions. I have said it, and will say it over and over again, I thank God for that fateful day in Easter Camp that has brought us together, and for you who comes into my life, not like a shining knight in armour, but in just YOU. May God continues to bless our marriage and may us continue to love and bring hope and light of God to the people around us, for the many more years to come ❤️ 

Loves,
Susan 


Comments