JB, City of crime. A happy cny??

Johor Bahru - the place that I grow up, the place that I love so much and hate so much too.

I woke up this morning with slight dizziness when I heard someone was back as the main gate was opened downstairs. It was my dad and it was so unusual for him to come back at this time, 10am in the morning.

I heard he was talking to the phone and some suspicious words were said.' Yes, bag was stolen.' ' She is alright.' I awake immediately when I heard all these words. Dad explained to me than, my sister who has been working as a piano teacher was a victim of the snatch theft this morning. Her bag was snatched with all the valuables inside, ic, license, money, atm card, handphones, etc...

She is alright and uninjured fortunately. But than I learnt the truth from her. This is not the normal snatch theft case. They wanted to catch her, maybe kidnap her or the worst I do not want to mention.While she was waiting in front of the shop as she arrived earlier, 4 malay guys on a 4 wheel drive came near her and 2 men got down from the car. Snatched her by her hands, she immediately freed herself from the hold and ran to the nearest shop while left her bag. The men took her bag and due to her fast reaction, she was not caught by them.
I was shivering when I heard this. Actually my sis was lucky as the nearby shop is opened as most of the shop still close due to chinese new year. What if the shop is closed? What if there are 3 men came down instead of 2? What if she dint run? What if they attacked her first? And what will happen to my sister if she was caught? Where am I going to find her?

I was scared, shivering from just now. JB is a city of crime, undoubtedly. I feel lucky that my sister was not caught, or else I will forever curse them, curse them who inflict such pains to my family. I have heard too many cases, believe me the newspaper only publishes some of the cases which are reported to the police but not all. This city gives me a shudder of fear. How evil and cruel they are. And how helpless we are.

I love Malaysia. I love many aspects of this motherland but there are a lot more which I really wish they can improve. Security and safety of JB is declining and we heard news like this every day. My aunt was a victim before and now my sister.This is the first time I actually feel that I want to go back to Melbourne. I want to escape from this city. Can I bring my family along too?

" Life still goes on, we have no choice dear, ' my mum said. My sister is still as brave and strong as ever, regarding this incident as an experience that one must go through as a JB-rian. But I know I cannot. If same thing happens to me, I might not be able to escape. What can I wish more for this Chinese New Year?

Family's safety and their health. My grandma just discharged from the hospital a day before cny eve. A lot are happening and I wish for no more except for their safety and health.

Will this year be a good year for me?

HAPPY CNY?

Comments