A visit to the hospital :)

So, I have been out today on a personal leave to hospital. Nothing too major to be concerned about,but for some of you who might be aware, I am there to undergo a COVID test required before Friday's procedure.

The outdoor view of Royal Melbourne Hospital. The left is the Royal Women Hospital which I had my blood test. 

So, what sort of procedure that I am going through this Friday?

IT IS Hysteroscopy 

I am not an expert on this matter but according to Wikipedia: Hysteroscopy is the inspection of the uterine cavity by endoscopy with access through the cervix. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology and serves as a method for surgical intervention. I have attached a picture which explain the procedure better than me haha.

I was diagnosed to have a 15mm polyps in my uterus months ago and finally got this procedure scheduled to have it removed. I am not that anxious now, but I will appreciate your prayers for everything to go smoothly. I will be under a full body anesthesia and should be out from the procedure for just under few hours? No hospitalization is required since it is only a day procedure. There shouldn't be any major complication but I suppose any procedure that does involve anesthesia might put me on an anxious side just a day before. Haha ya, I am quite chilled about it since I am so used to this procedure that I no longer feel the panic attack, having to go to hospital to do a procedure.

Well, too bad it is not another good news that I know everyone will be expecting haha. To be honest, I am also looking forward to have such good news to share but sometimes, life does throw in a curveball like this and we will just have to put any plans on hold. There are a few tests to go through after that and I know I am the kind that prefer to be ready so it is probably not anytime soon then haha. Well, at least there is a start that I have been eating some supplements hehehe. (hint hint)

So, here is the update! I think I will write another update after the procedure so subscribe if you want to hear more! I am hoping that the plug-in will notify readers who subscribe when there is a new update and I got a few confirmation that it does (My hubby is my secret reader LOL)

By the way, if you have not done any COVID test before, look at this! This is what I did this morning. 

The swabs to nostrils are so legit uncomfortable and the long tip really does extend all the way to the back of the nostrils!

But all in all, the whole thing is quite fast under 15 minutes, and I suppose it is a unique experience one gets to experience during this season? Haha. I am hoping the test comes back negative too which is highly likely since I have not been in close contact with anyone in the past months of lockdown. With this covid test, I am to self-isolate at home for the next two days before Friday's procedure, so hit me up with messages, calls and loves! 💓

  

Comments