Life in Lockdown and my ratings..

Well, it has been ages since I last updated but I decided my future writing style will be more dayre-style. That is, more short update instead of a long-winded one. (Oh well, I cannot help it when I have so much to say haha!)😆 

For a start, we are now in the middle of September and this month marks the continuous 6 months that we have been working from home. Yesterday, we had our online Zoom Bible study and we are asked to rate how we are coping and feeling in this lockdown in the scale of 10, with 10 being the absolute best, and 1 being the absolute worst.

I give myself.... 5 out of 10


I think lockdown started off great when I could stay at home and work, to be honest, what is not to love with working from home in your pyjamas and eating breakfast while working? But with times, I find myself growing frustrating for not being able to have a going out routine that energizes me (I hear you, I think I am an extrovert afterall? haha) It is still not too bad like a low 2 or 3 because I am slowly getting used to this lifestyle, with more home-cooked food (making dumpling or bread from scratch) and also consistent workout online pilates class (YES, I have been attending the online live classes and they are great in motivating me since my cheapskate self will force myself to go work out because I PAID LOL).

So, if you are wondering how I have been doing these days, I have decided to show you a gallery of my pictures which consist of food to love, places to see and some tiny moments that make me smile. The shokupan and the Jap dinner are just LEGENDS and I think I am on the road to order new delivery food every week nowadays, instead of cooking. Making breads and dumplings from scratch is fun but so much work haha. And you can scroll to the last picture to see our drawing talents too in our zoom meeting which I have to say, drawing using computer is sooo hard!

Today I also come to learn about the news of passing of a Taiwanese actor, 小鬼 who is only 36 years old. The news really shocked me since I used to watch the variety show that he hosted (娱乐百分百anyone?) in secondary school. I can feel my sadness even though I am not a fan but somehow growing up with the shows does make me feel like I indeed know him a little. Hearing him passing away in such a young age and so unexpectedly reminds me that being alive and well is something to be thankful for everyday. It does prompt me to think: what kind of work am I leaving behind because we really could not predict what will happen. Life can be so short and for once, I am glad that this blog exists because it allows me to think and reflect the things that I have said, and the things that I am grateful for, the things that I am sad but also the things that I come to appreciate.

If that day does come, I don't think I will be bragging about the wealth or money or success, but being grateful and appreciative of what I do have. Having the hope and truth in Him assures me that while there are trials and tribulations in this world, I always know that I have a God who loves me. 

So take heart, my friends, we will journey through this COVID season together. Chat with me whenever or wherever you are because if things get tough, at least we know that we are not alone. And I will see you next update! (God knows when the next meet up face-to-face will be but hopefully soon! 😊)