So, my day surgery was completed yesterday and all went well! You can refer to my previous post as to what procedure I was going through, but overall, it was a minor surgery to remove polyps in my uterus. Truth is, I actually received a short text after the procedure and the doctor informed me that there isn't any polyps there! To think that I have gone through the whole procedure without any significant result is rather distressing 😓But well, I will just have to wait for the follow up to check with the doctor. And if she did not manage to find it, very likely that the polyps have gone away and that alone, is probably great news. Here I am to showcase the whole ordeal that I went through yesterday!
 |
8AM - Walked to the hospital with my hubby early morning
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| The entrance to the Frances Perry House and my increasing anxiousness walking towards the hospital. Due to COVID restriction, my husband wasn't even allowed to go in to the hospital and can only escort me to here. | | | | | |
|
|
 |
| 830AM - Frances Perry House is a private hospital within the Royal Woman facility. I registered at the reception area at Level 6. After going through the admission paperwork, I was asked to wait here. At that time, I was pretty impressed with the admission process because within 10 minutes, I was already received by the nurse to prepare for the surgery. |
|
|
 |
930AM - After going through another round of questions (height, weight, allergies, medication, when the last time you had food etc.), I was led to this ward no.16 to change to the patient gown. When anaesthesia was involved, I realize the hospital nurses will ask a lot of questions just to make sure that you are clear on the procedure. This place is quite clean and comfortable!
|
|
|
 |
| Within minutes, I already changed to my gown and comfortably lying on the bed to wait for the doctor. The doctors came and checked on me and I think it was around 10AM when I was pushed to the operation theatre. | | | | |
|
 |
| 1030AM - I did not have my watches with me so I wasn't sure how long I had waited outside the operation theatre. There was a small waiting area and apparently the previous patient was delayed. I dozed off here and took a nap haha. This pipe (not sure what this is called) was poked into my vein just so that later on, the doctor can administer the anesthesia in. My doctor came around to calm me down, and the nurses asked for my name and my procedure name again just to make sure I was clear-headed. Finally, I was asked to sign the consent of treatment and blood transfusion form and pushed to the operation theatre. The last thought on my mind was to pray and ask God to govern the whole procedure and everything to go on smoothly. An oxygen mask was placed over my mouth and within minutes, I lost my consciousness. |
| | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| 1130AM - I woke up and looked at the clock directly opposite me and it showed me that it was now 1130am. The whole procedure probably took only 30 minutes or less. I was pretty dizzy and light-headed but soon I gained my ground. The nurses were pretty careful though, asking me how I was feeling and when I said I am alright, they started to push me back to my ward no.16. |
|
 |
And the nurse carried my meal to my ward. Before the procedure, I fasted from midnight to morning. I finished this within minutes and have to comment, the food provided was not too bad! (Or maybe I was just hungry haha). I was feeling rather energetic and just cannot wait to go home! However, the nurses said they will have to keep me in until 115pm before they can discharged me.The nurse even escorted me down to the parking area to make sure that I was picked up by my husband. *Apparently you are not allowed to go back by yourself when you have anesthesia! They are quite strict about it.
|
|
|
 |
What greeted me at home was this large pot of porridge. My hubby said I should not have anything that was too oily at the moment so this was my reward after the surgery. But the thought is what that counts! I was feeling fuzzy inside, knowing that I was being very well taken care of 💓
|
All in all, the procedure was quite straightforward and it was not a scary experience. I was feeling a bit anxious before the procedure but once I was there waiting, I felt the calm and the peace in my heart, praying and asking God to be in control. I shared the news of me going through the procedure the day before to my family, pastors and staff and friends in the whatsapp group, and many of them said a prayer for me and wishing me good luck and take care, which warm my heart, knowing that I am not alone going through the procedure.
I am still eating well a day after haha. Slight discomfort is expected but I am definitely feeling alright and better. Thanks for all the prayers and I do hope that this will be the last surgery intervention for all the woman problem I am facing. It is not complicated, but I certainly wish to not go through again haha. Till then!
Comments
Post a Comment