Back to Reality.. January Updates

 I am supposed to post this at the end of January! I forgot so a throwback post for January here haha.

Back to Reality..

After I am back from the trip, I actually take another one day to recover from my holiday. If you missed the holiday post, it is here. It feels like I always need another holiday to recover from holiday haha. (Holiday in Holiday, sounds like inception LOL)

But all in all, it was a nice relaxing trip and as I am writing this, I am already missing the blue sea and blue sky😖 It is a much needed trip for me because December to January so far has been really busy for me because it was the year end for the accounts to close. I was in such a rush to close the book and to reconcile the accounts. 

At the same time, I have to juggle with another role of mine in church to help prepare church to be Covid safe when we open our doors again to welcome people to come to the church. As an example, we have to establish QR code to check in everyone for contact tracing purpose and to do temperature check for everyone who comes in. By the way, this makes me curious, does contact tracing procedures (leaving your name and contact details) required in Malaysia or Singapore too when you are out in an indoor venue or takeaway or dining in restaurant? 



The entrance to the hall. Can you see the floor marking? I did the floor marking so to remind people to maintain social distancing when queuing. It feels like Hansel and Gratel haha.

We also have to paste poster and notice to make sure mask is on and do temperature check to remain safe.


In general, Melbourne so far has been quite safe and I think it has been a few days now we are still on a row of zero Covid cases. Even if there are cases, the cases are due to overseas import and not the community transmission which is harder to trace. I think previously Melbourne was the only place in Australia that was on lockdown whereas everywhere else seems to be doing quite alright. I guess we also endured it the hard way when we have to abide to the lockdown rule to keep the numbers down but thank God that it is over. So, hopefully other countries can come out from the second or third wave stronger too! It is possible and I really hope the same can happen in other countries 💪  
 
My Cert! Yay. But quite fail la I intend to finish within 2020 but it is dated on 1 January 2021 hahahaa. #fail

This new year will also be an exciting year for me because I intend to focus more on my accounting and bookkeeping career. See my cert yay! I will still be working for church on a part-time basis but will be looking for another accounting job to expose myself to different industry and equip myself with more professional working experience. So far, I am liking it and I do see myself doing this in the future. (Geology? Sigh. I will forever miss myself being a geologist, it will be a sweet memory of mine..)

And also, family planning is also in the mix here this year. We do not know what is in store for us, but we will trust God that all will happen in His good timing. I am also learning to trust God too because sometimes if things don't happen in way that I want, I know I will be worried and stressed. I really appreciate your prayer at this time and I will share here too once I really have the good news haha. So stay tuned!

Till then, keeping my family and friends back home in prayer, please stay safe and stay healthy. While adhering to MCO, if you need ears to listen or to chat, please let me know! I will be so happy to go on a video call with you 😊

Hopefully the time that we meet again will not be such a distant future. Take care!

Comments