Pfizer Vaccination - YAY!
Got my vaccine a week ago! (PS: I did plan to write a post immediately after but fail haha π) Since getting vaccine is still kind of a big deal, I thought it deserves a post here regardless.
We had our first dose on 14th September. My appointment was at 140pm and hubby was on the same day at 2pm. Afraid of arriving too late, we sort of made plans to work only half day, and head to the Exhibition Centre right after. I logged out from my work at 1230pm, had a quick lunch and lo and behold, we reached there at 130pm! (Pretty good for Malaysia timing yea?π)
But guess what, we reached the entrance and showed our booking appointment to the ushers and he showed us a line that was queuing. And man, it was a SUPER long queue! See the picture below.
![]() |
| Yes, the red arrow was the entrance. See that was how far the queue was! |
But, we had a booking and I thought maybe this line was for those who walked in, maybe the person heard us wrong? I mean, if the queue was this long, what was the point of booking? (I was really confused there hmm...) Curious, we tried to ask one of the ladies in the queue and she said she had a booking at 1240pm. And man, she was still queuing.
OKAY LOH, nothing much we can do then, since everyone who booked the appointment was also queuing. We obediently went to the end of the line to queue, and I was so glad that I brought my tablet so I can read my webtoon while I queued π
An hour after, we were finally at the entrance of the centre. Hubby jokingly said we were back to where we started HAHA. And you thought, that's it I am here I can go in now! But WAIT....Still queuing..
![]() |
| Slowly snaking in. At least there is social distancing! |
But to be fair, once we were inside, the line moved very fast. The registration nurse was very friendly, asking for my Medicare card to verify my details. Then after that, we were off to have our first vaccine! There were many many vaccination rooms since the whole exhibition centre was used as the vaccination centre. This place was huge!
![]() |
| Registration Booth! |
![]() |
| And me looking for my Medicare card and driving license HAHA. |
![]() |
| All the blue curtain were the vaccination rooms. Quite many rooms so it moved very quick! |
They gave me a Covid vaccine card to confirm my timing of injection so that I can show to the nurse at the exit to confirm that I have waited for 15 minutes. While I waited, I told my husband we should opt for clinic's vaccination because it probably wouldn't take this long. Man, it was at 3pm then only I got my vaccine! To think that I spent 1.5 hours to queue onlyπ
So in my 'kiasu' mode, we logged on to the clinic booking app that we had and filtered out the available vaccine appointment for second dose. I am so so thankful for the clinic booking app (We used HotDoc if you are curious)! I mean, it shows you every clinic's available appointment and make it so easy to just click and book. Though, it did take us a while to find ones that are available 3 weeks after. The government's advice is 6 weeks after for the second dose, but we confirmed with the nurse that it is okay to get the second dose between 3 - 6 weeks. Well, I just wish to get it sooner, rather than later.
So thank God, I managed to book it 3 weeks after at 6th October. Please keep me in your prayers too. I know many of my friends seem to have very bad side effects after the second dose, so I do hope I don't have it too bad π
Side Effect.....
Coming home on the day, I did not feel painful at all but we did feel tired so we went and took a nap. That night, I can felt my arm feeling sore but it was not too bad. I can still move my arm and it probably already felt better after one day?
Thoughts for Vaccines...
And a week after, I am proud to say that I am single-vaxed!! (Though I have yet to get my second dose, but soon guys!) All along I don't mind taking vaccines, but Pfizer wasn't available for our age group until 30 August. I don't mind AZ as well, but I was just hesitant about the waiting time between doses and would much rather have one that has shorter waiting time. I know there are a lot of opinions for or against the vaccines, but so far there isn't any valid reason for me NOT to take the vaccines. With more data and research coming out and the rising Delta cases in Melbourne, I just think it made a lot sense for me to take the vaccines, to protect not only myself, but the people around me.
And if I am to be honest, the main drive for me to take the vaccination is HOME. I want to fly back to Malaysia to see family and friends, and in order to do that, vaccination is the only way. Sooner or later, we will all have vaccine passports that only allow us to fly with proof of vaccinations. For us Melbournians, to reach the normal life outside of lockdown, vaccines are the best solution we have. Apparently, my friend just sent me an image saying that Melbourne is the world's most lockdown city and I am not even surprised. We had this lockdown on-and-off since Feb already and it is still going on. The lockdown is draining my energy as I slowly grow weary of this perpetual lockdown with no ends. If there is a way out of this lockdown, let me have it. Honestly, how else can we reach there?
![]() |
| Friends in Malaysia, you thought you guys have longer lockdown? Melbourne WINS! Lol. To be honest, it is a result that I am not proud of anyway. I also wish for it to end too πΉ |
To date, Victoria records more than 70% first dose already, and about 44% fully vaccinated population. To come out from this lockdown, we need at least 80% fully vaccinated individuals to have some sort of normal life where dining out and travelling interstate is possible, and we can meet one another in person finally, NOT Zoom. I really do look forward to that day. It is targeted we can reach the 80% rate somewhere in November, and I am really hoping for it to happen. In two months time, I do pray that I can look back to this post and finally tell myself, hey, we are getting there. Slowly but surely.
So, no regrets here. I have done my part contributing to the 80% HAHA. So first dose vaccine done! Let me show off this sticker that the nurse gave me. I proudly stick it to my fridge, together with all my fridge magnets HAHA.
See you guys next post! π









Comments
Post a Comment