Spring Updates :)

Honestly I am not a fan of hot weather, but I don't really enjoy cold weather too. So, spring and autumn season are always my favourite 💓 

And here we are, welcoming the second day of spring with 26 degrees! Ahh such perfect weather for cycling. Hence, I am sharing here with you some of my favourite Violette's pictures. The pictures are not taken during spring, but throughout last month when I ride to keep me sane during this lockdown. I initially thought I would not utilise the bike as much, but guess I am wrong. And what a good investment! 




Life in lockdown is nothing exciting to be honest, with perpetual cycle of day-to-day mundane routine. 

Woke up at 9am for work (Yay for working from home for sleepyhead like me haha), cooked lunch, finished work at 530pm. Zoom meeting after work for online Perspective course, life group, Korean class lesson. And other days? Cycling, Korean drama, variety shows, games, social media, baking. 

And the cycle repeats. 

But for this month at least, I am hopeful. Perhaps what we had shared in life group really helped me to navigate this season as we learn that it is a weeping season now for many of us. 

21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh. ~ Luke 6: 21

It is very counter-intuitive to think that right now, I am the blessed one because there are just so much weeping and suffering. But as much as it is challenging, I hope I will remember that I will laugh one day, because my identity is secured not on the worldly things, but on hope beyond this world. I am always blessed despite the circumstances that I am in, and even when I am weak, God promised me that I will laugh and I am always blessed even when I am at the lowest point in life. 

So, I am hoping to do the best I can for the remaining months in 2021, kick-starting my new routine and hopefully, God's willing, I will be able to grow beyond what I can imagine. I am not sure what other new routines I will start from now then, but yes to continue my cycling routine, connecting with family and friends, and hopefully more consistent reading to improve myself and my knowledge. Also to reconnecting to family and friends -  so, friends, if you hear from me, don't be surprised! I am hoping to reach out, and to prioritise relationship in this season. 

And do continue to keep me in your prayer as I will be getting my first jab on 14th September. I know I am kinda late for the jab since most family and friends back home have already gotten it, but I am still little nervous. Hopefully there will be no severe side effect. 

For a renewed hope and start in spring, well, I changed my Facebook profile picture after 5 years haha. 

Changing to this picture as I thought it reflects on how life has changed since this pandemic. Mask in outdoor is no longer weird, but rather a necessity 😓 

Take care, no matter where you are. Let me know if you want a chat, I will always be just a whatsapp away 😊

Comments