31st Birthday Trip to Airey Inlets :)
It was 8th March two weeks ago and yes, I am officially 31 this year. Wow who could have imagined time passes sooo fast like this?
Honestly I still don't feel like I am 31. Forever young in heart maybe? HAHA. #susanindenial
But in all honesty, I am very very blessed. I counted my blessing because while family is not around to celebrate this year birthday with me again, I have zhabor who called me early on my birthday to wish me happy birthday, messages and videos that wished me happy birthday, and also my faithful partner-in-crime who would do things together with me on this special occasion. Though, quoted from him 'everyday is special when we are together'. AWW. And I think that contributes to the immense blessing I feel. Our marriage life is so simple, just going through life for the past 12 years together, but I always feel very contented and happy because of the support we have for one another, and the constant communication that we know that we are always there for each other.
Sorry guys, PDA post HAHA. To prevent you getting more diabetes, I shall save you any more sugary details and spam you with pictures of how the birthday trip went down. Well, we did rent a car for 3 days 2 nights, and if you know us, we are both very reluctant to drive. Nonetheless, it is a special occasion so we decided to drive for this trip. Believe it or not, the last time that we both drove was my 30th birthday trip! So our driving license is only used once a year har...
We went to Airey Inlets, which was a coastal town, marking the start of the Great Ocean Road. As usual, I chose a place with sea as I so desperately needed my vitamin from seas.
~ We rented a car not from a well known car rental company, but a company named carnextdoor. Well, the car is owned by someone else, and parked in a public parking space. It is actually cheaper than your usual rental company because it includes fuel too, and the parking is just next door from our apartment. It works like AirBnB with self pick-up keys and no paperwork, really convenient!
~ We intended to depart early, but still end up departing late because we just like to take our time HAHA. We reached there about 4pm and well, you can see from the sky the weather wasn't the best. Hmm. I feel like everytime I decided to go on a trip, the weather will also turn out bad. 😓
![]() |
| Our blue car that we rented! |
![]() |
| Airey Inlets Lighthouse - The iconic place to visit when you come to this town. |
![]() |
| Can you see from the tummy that I am about 29 weeks already? |
![]() |
| If not, this picture will definitely show? HAHA. |
![]() |
| Having pizza for dinner at Captain at Aireys! The pizze was good and I think much better than any pizzas I had tried in Melbourne city. |
![]() |
| The blue sky and sea...Just what I needed! |
.jpeg)
![]() |
| Another view at lighthouse. |
.jpeg)
![]() |
| And I think from this picture you can see how round my tummy is getting. Baby peanut is growing! |

Accommodation ~
The place that we stayed was an AirBnB cabin, and it was quite secluded and had outdoor swing and fairy lights! It does make it a perfect place to unwind from the activity of the day. The only downside is, we find the beds are too hard to sleep! Not sure is it the age or my growing tummy, it is getting so difficult for me to sleep soundly because I am not a very good sleeper and I tend to move a lot when sleep. So, it is such a pity that we didn't get the rest that we are hoping for during the trip because of the bad sleep. Home's bed is still the best!
.jpeg)
We departed the third day after the 2 nights stay. Well, it wasn't as relaxing as we are hoping to be due to the bed and the driving. (At least I can see that my hubby absolutely doesn't like driving as it makes him stressed!) But I think I still like it, more on the nature part because it was just so so relaxing and the sea is much like my secret place where I can just stare at it for hours!
Our next trip is most likely a public transport trip before I start hibernating in May to prepare for the labour, knowing both of us are not very keen to drive again (need to uphold the tradition to only drive once a year HAHA). But I do think this is the time that we both can be out as often and enjoy some quality time together by ourselves, before the baby pops!
My maternity leave will start in end of April or early May! I am certainly looking forward to the leave, but more so the arrival of the little one. For some pictures and update of my third trimester, do read my next post! I will therefore end this post with my glorious flying hair picture 😆

.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)


.jpeg)


.jpeg)


.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment