Week 30: Third Trimester Update!

As I am typing now, I am currently in my 31th week. And if you ask me how I am going, the third trimester was just as good as the second with no nauseous and therefore the ability to enjoy more food, but it also comes with a growing tummy and restricted mobility! 

We even had Korean BBQ buffet with our friends that day. But after this meal, I realize....I can no longer eat buffet. The tummy is growing and squeezing me and I feel my appetite seems to drop.  

I also now face a bad pelvic problem where I find it super hard to have a good sleep because everytime when I turn from one side to the other side, my legs are so painful! 😓I will also run out of breath when I am walking and will have to take off my masks for a while before putting it back on. 

(AND...I am running out of clothes to wear LOL. I need to buy more maternity clothing..)

Don't believe it? See my tummy now haha. I have gained about 9kg and I think I still have room to gain even more! 

We just came back from a childbirth class over the weekend and it has been good! It is a weekend full day classes, so it had been hectic. But learning about stages of labour, and how to prepare for it do make me feel a little bit more settled and excited of course. I know many people around me told me that it is going to be painful (and I do think it will be) but I am hoping I can frame it in a more positive light to know that this pain is a good pain, in a way that the body and the baby are working closely to deliver the baby at the right time when the baby is ready. My body is capable of delivering the baby, and I am trusting on this. Learning about the options that I have for pain management is also helpful, as I know that anything can happen in labour and we are certainly keeping our options open, though still hoping for a natural birth if possible. But for now, making my body ready! 

YES, that means more exercise and movement is needed. At my next 36th week appointment which is scheduled in the end of the April, the doctor will possibly examine the baby's position and I really do hope that the baby will be in the right position and things can get moving! 
This is at my week 30. If you follow my posts, you will remember how I am also worried that my baby bump isn't getting bigger. But hey, it is SO obvious now. I realize I just have to learn to let go and take nature takes its course. The baby is SO smart to just eat, sleep and grow by itself! 

But all in all, I am enjoying the pregnancy in this late stage. I am more chilled and relax, more assured that baby is striving and ultimately just settling and letting go of my worries and control. I don't browse too much information on the internet regarding pregnancy, and telling myself to trust what my GP said when she said everything is looking good. Going with the flow and enjoying this process, is what I am feeling now. It feels so real to me after my 20th week scan, and it gets so much better nowadays when I see my baby bump and just rejoince with how round it is LOL. My favourite (and also my husband's) activity is to look at the round tummy, rub it over and over and wonder: How is it so round? HAHA. 

While this trimester does come with bad sleep, muscle cramp, pelvic pain due to increasing weight, I have also come to feel more baby movement and it is such an amazing feeling! Oh, not to mention people start to giving up their seats when I am in tram since I am so obviously pregnant HAHA. Feeling baby inside your tummy moving around is very hard to describe and not something I can put my words to it, but I thought well, I am enjoying this very new experience, and even more so when hubby also looks at me fascinatingly and tells me with his sparkly eyes: Hey baby is moving!😆

I will look at him and smile and think to myself: Well, look like I will have two babies later on HAHA. But to see that he is also feeling excited and looking forward to this, make me feel so much loved too. I don't think I can imagine how parenting journey would look like, because it is filled with so much uncertainty, but one thing for sure, I am thankful and beyond blessed to go through it together with him. And with all the challenges that come along, I know I will never be alone because I know I have a faithful God, who is always there for me, no matter ups and downs. We are trying to pray for the baby everyday (and fails sometimes so help us!😅), but most important of all, we really pray that this baby boy will continue to grow in the womb and learn, and come to know Jesus as God one day. And for us, to continue to persevere and trusting in Him no matter what comes along, in birth or parenting and beyond. So, do keep us in your prayer and that is the most lovely thing you can do for us. 

SO, 9 more weeks to go! Am I prepared? I don't know..But I am certainly looking forward to this whole journey! 😏

Ending my post with the address to little boy again:

Dear Peanut,
You are now a big coconut! And you move so much at night though (especially after 1am), I really hope that is not reflecting your future sleeping pattern? Baby boy, you do need to learn to sleep early so your mummy and daddy can also sleep okay? HAHA. 

But well, despite the deprived sleep, I am still very thankful for this amazing experience. To be able to feel you move inside my tummy is just so amazing! Sometimes when I rub my tummy and feel your heartbeat and movement, I just can't help but to think how amazing you are, to strive and to grow into such big peanut already :)

And more so, how amazing the God that created you, for all these intricate function and both our bodies that just know how to work together to creating and growing this life in you. I give thanks, and I wish nothing but the best of health and happiness for you, for you will come soon enough to this world, and to experiece life in its full strength, all the ups and downs, and the good and the bad. In life, there will be things that we cannot control, and ultimately, I hope you can one day surf the waves of life with faith, love and hope, knowing that daddy and mummy will always love you and be with you no matter where you are, and so do your God who creates and loves you just as who you are. We hope you will also come into this world with such strong force, knowing that many, many are praying for you and already love you before you are even born. 

9 more weeks to go! 
We love you our dear dear peanut, we can't wait to see you!💓

Loves, 
Mummy and Daddy


Comments