Happy CNY to you and family (2024 version lol)

Happy Chinese New Year to you and family!! ❤️

It was such a wonderful feeling to be home during CNY and this year is no doubt the same. I know some might not mind the 仪式感 (cue my husband lol) but I absolutely love celebrating with endless CNY cookies, the official angpau giving ceremony and also the CNY eve dinner! 

This year CNY looks a little different as we are back to Singapore to celebrate with my husband's family, instead of the hometown in Batu Pahat. Nonetheless I am loving it - not so much about the heat and the rain, but exploring Singapore in a new way in Chinatown and tasting all the delicious hawker centre food. We had a steamboat CNY eve dinner and though it wasn't a big celebration with extended family, it felt nice to have a delicious hotpot in a home setting. Simple, yet meaningful. 

After that on our first day of CNY, we have our official CNY photoshoot! I got my son's shirt just a day before in Chinatown because I realise I didn't buy any CNY clothes for him lol (mum fails lol)
I think the best part of the trip is always this - seeing my little one spending time with family members who don't get to see him as often. I love how everyone adores him, and I hope he always remembers he has a loving and supportive family back in Malaysia even ❤️
Aren't these two the cutest?? I love how close they are and my son is now the straight forward one. He did not shy away from holding hands and will immediately rush forward to lead the way. Where is my shy and quiet little boy? Even my family are amazed by how active and vocal he is right now, given that he was really quite different when they all saw him 8 months ago. This boy has truly grown up to become his own person, full of his own character! He even offered kisses to my friend! (Oops sorry Shan haha, I did NOT teach him this lol) 

I feel like a proud mama looking at this boy, though he is only 21 months old. But in comparison, he was just so different then (look at the pictures below) and of course here comes more headaches, with him being more active and vocal about what he wants 😆 So yes, you can imagine it's quite a pain to handle him in the 7 hours long flight but iPad for the win!! (I tried limiting screen time but I gave up in flight, it really is a sure proof way to getting through the long hours, and some peace and quiet for the parents lol) 
Till then, here is a little snippet of our trip! We are back here now in Melbourne, safe and sound. But so tired that we might need one week for recovery lol. My body is still in the 3 hours time zone difference - and little boy only woke up at 10am this morning! 

And thank you once again for friends and family who specially arrange time to meet up, and for showering so much love for my little one. And it's such a joy to share this good news with you guys in person! 


Exciting time ❤️ And another little one added to the family who will receive so much more loves and blessing from all of you, even though you guys haven't met yet. But one day, we will come and say hello!! 🥰

Comments