Merry Christmas 2019!
It is a late post to wish everyone Merry Christmas now but allow me to extend my wishes to you once again. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
I made this verse image myself and really liked it because it reminds me of the meaning of Christmas everytime I send this image across to friends and family. I am always encouraged to see that Christmas is marked by season of giving and love with gift exchanges, dinner and gathering with family and friends. No doubt that the day has become more and more commercialized, but the underlying message throughout Christmas is always this - LOVE.
And this love, is made much more remarkable in Christmas because the real meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ - the greatest act of love in all humankind. His gift is for everyone, for you and me, regardless of how we perform and how we see ourselves. My identity is always secured in Him.
Here is a snapshot of the food we had during Christmas at our cousin's place!
Such a great feast! I think we started eating at around 4 until 7pm haha. It was always a good time spent with the cousins since I do seldom see them around so it was a good catch up. After the food, it was followed by the secret santa session where we exchanged gifts. I am glad that I put my wishlist in so this time round, I did get the earrings that I really wanted!
Before we went back, we shared about life and also the struggles going through different phases of life. At this time around Christmas, it did not seem unusual that some of us have spiritual warfare too. I am also reminded that it is not always easy to follow God in all season of life. There are times that we feel weary and want to give up but His words hold true, always true. Even in the dark tunnel, I took in comfort to know that God is still there. There are lights, and the lights are in Him.
In this season, no matter how hard it is, let us be reminded He always understands, and He is always there for us, to the end of the ages.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
I made this verse image myself and really liked it because it reminds me of the meaning of Christmas everytime I send this image across to friends and family. I am always encouraged to see that Christmas is marked by season of giving and love with gift exchanges, dinner and gathering with family and friends. No doubt that the day has become more and more commercialized, but the underlying message throughout Christmas is always this - LOVE.
And this love, is made much more remarkable in Christmas because the real meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ - the greatest act of love in all humankind. His gift is for everyone, for you and me, regardless of how we perform and how we see ourselves. My identity is always secured in Him.
My Christmas ~~
My Christmas this year is marked by food and just a single Christmas party, quite different from last year when we had our own Christmas tree set up at home. I told my friend that usually, it will happen because in the first year, you will be so excited to set the tree up but in the following years, the tree will remain boxed at home. (Hopefully it will get unbox the coming year!)Here is a snapshot of the food we had during Christmas at our cousin's place!
Such a great feast! I think we started eating at around 4 until 7pm haha. It was always a good time spent with the cousins since I do seldom see them around so it was a good catch up. After the food, it was followed by the secret santa session where we exchanged gifts. I am glad that I put my wishlist in so this time round, I did get the earrings that I really wanted!
Before we went back, we shared about life and also the struggles going through different phases of life. At this time around Christmas, it did not seem unusual that some of us have spiritual warfare too. I am also reminded that it is not always easy to follow God in all season of life. There are times that we feel weary and want to give up but His words hold true, always true. Even in the dark tunnel, I took in comfort to know that God is still there. There are lights, and the lights are in Him.
In this season, no matter how hard it is, let us be reminded He always understands, and He is always there for us, to the end of the ages.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!




Comments
Post a Comment