The only thing that you can show during lockdown period: FOOD! I just want to remind myself of some of the creative recipes that both of us have come out with during this CoVid season. Well, this is not a complete list but we are constantly thinking of a new menu. The most asked question at home now is definitely this:
What should we eat for lunch/dinner/breakfast?
1. Fried Chicken and Green beans (干扁四季豆)
Have you ever wondered why your green beans never taste like the one you had in restaurant? The way the green beans are so soft and so oily and make them tasted so good...
The secret is, you have to fry them! I realize pan-fried does not bring out the same texture that we desire and the only way to go is to deep-fry them in oil. So unhealthy lol. Husband made this today and it was so good, almost like the one we had in restaurant already haha.
 |
| So unhealthy but so good ;P |
|
|
|
|
2. Mushroom Minced Pork Noodle with soup (香菇肉碎面)
This is another of my favourite. I tried to replicate the dry noodles that I ate at restaurant and it tasted quite good too! Relatively easy to make, just remember to marinate your minced meat with soy sauce, sesame oil, shaoxing wine and garlic powder. All of the Asian sauce that are easily found in our kitchen pantry.
 |
| My version of minced pork noodle |
 |
| First, pan fried the marinated minced pork and mushroom. |
|
 |
| The soup is easily made with chicken stock and some frozen tofu and dumplings! (This is an unhealthy version without real chicken haha) |
|
|
 |
| Before mixing the noodle in, put some sauce in again - tomato sauce, soy sauce and black vinegar. The tomato sauce has a love shape isn't it? Haha. |
|
|
What did you have for your meals during the lockdown period? We are still allowed to take away here in Melbourne, but due to the risk factors, we were not very inclined to go out and take away food too. Looking at my friends and family back home in Malaysia, I think we are still quite lucky that we could take a walk outside or exercise at the park as long as we adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
Years down the road, I think I will probably be looking back at this post and thinking what a changed world we are living in. Right now, the virus starts to hit close to home as we received news from people we know who are suspected of contracting this virus and some are even struggling to cope with the situation. This is definitely a situation that I always wonder:
what is the meaning of all this? I think I will be constantly fighting to want to know the answer but ultimately, I will have to rest in the fact that this, too is something beyond my control. But, we will come out stronger, as we always will.
This is Susan reporting from home, after 20 days (or maybe more?) of staying at home. Any recipes to share? I guess my next question for you is,
What should we cook for dinner tonight?
~ Loves, Susan
Comments
Post a Comment