My Stay at Home Diary - Day 1

I don't think I should consider today as day 1 because to be honest, I have not stepped out from my home for 6 days straight already and this is not my longest streak yet! My own record to break is 10 days without stepping out to the sun (not even buying groceries because we tried to stock enough food for 14 days every time we do grocery shopping haha)

So, to continue from my previous post in February 'supposedly', we were back from beautiful weddings in Kuching and Penang to home. And you probably notice that I proudly say that Australia is my home. Well, I do come a long way from my initial reluctance (evidenced from my initial posts here) to finally calling this place my home. I still would not say that grass is always greener on the other side but Melbourne has won a few brownie points so far. It was probably a bit difficult at first but I am really thankful that I have met so many people that have made my stay here all the more meaningful. (And I had gotten my PR in February! YAY!)
Nah, everywhere that has water (by the beaches, lakes, harbour, etc.) won a lot of brownie points! My ideal retirement is to stay at the beach house. Anyone with me?
In the middle of February, situation had not deteriorated to what it is right now but it was pretty bad already, at least for both Singapore and China. Remember the time when Singapore raised its alert level to orange Dorscon Level? That was the time when we were still in Malaysia and preparing to fly to the wedding.

However, things quickly took a worse turn in March. We were still treading on a fine line to think that 'this is just another flu' in early March to 'oh no, this is very bad' in mid March to 'stay at home please, this is a DEADLY virus' to end of March. After that, our church which is our workplace had come to full closure within spans of days and moved everything online.

And here I am, working from home for the past two weeks and starting the third week right now. I don't think things are going to get easy from here on, but more challenging instead. There are so many uncertainties out there, but I think I am going to start this post, just to remind myself that despite the challenges and struggles, there are still hopes that this too, will come to pass one day.

Things that I am thankful for today:
Video Calls
I don't know about you but I do feel more connected these days. With the isolation practice in place, more of us actually feel the need to reach out to connect to people. In the past two weeks, I think I had at least one video call per week and every call has been so precious and so dear. It might have been a call that our parents tuned in and we shared what we were cooking for dinner, to a call that we took out our soft toys to pose, a call to connect with sec school friends or even a call that I had made today with my discipler to catch up and pray for one another. The technology that is available at this time and age makes me feels so grateful that despite the obvious challenge to meet up face-to-face, we are still connected through videos and calls. There are people who care, and care deeply for us and we are not alone.

I know that things have been difficult for many of us with uncertainties about works and the whole CoVid situation, but I do have hopes. In this time and age, while death is inevitable, while money and power could fade in just next instant, while everything we try to secure can soon lose its value next moment, His presence remains one thing that is an absolute truth and certainty for me. So, I will keep on learning to trust on Him. I believe that He is still in control and hopefully, this whole situation too, will soon come to pass.

Stay strong, stay happy, stay loved everyone! ;)

Comments