Flying Off tomorrow to ~~~~

Just a quick update before I go missing in action. I am flying to Vietnam tomorrow and till now have yet to pack my stuffs. (Last minute much no?)

Last Friday was a public holiday in Victoria and church camp was held across the long weekend. It had been a good time fellowship with one another, and I would like to think that all who attended did enjoy the camp. There might be some flaws in the arrangement and planning but I think we all learn along the way. The last camp was held 14 years ago and so, it was really like walking in the dark without guidance and expectation on how this camp should look like. You could imagine how stressed out I am before the camp, knowing that I am a perfect planner that like to plan every single little details. Haha.

My husband keeps asking me to relax and know that it is not like everything will always be under my control.  Ultimately, it is for God and it is His camp. I know I still have so much more to learn in relying on Him, to know that He is in control and it will be fine regardless. In fact, it does turn out well and I did have fun playing the Giant Swing and the Flying Fox like kids! 

Giant Swing at campsite. The highest point is 18m! Quite scary haha.

Flying Fox YAY!

And what makes me touched is not only the appreciation expressed by everyone who joined the camp, but also knowing that everyone did learn and grow through the camp. I believe that God will be working in His own miraculous ways in the hearts of the people who attended.

And I remember this auntie who came to me and gave me a big hug and said:
  
I have been praying for you. I don't know who you are when you send the email for reminders for camp but I can see that you have put in so much efforts. I have been praying for you since then. 

Honestly, I am almost tearing when I heard she said this. Someone who does not even know how I looked like have been praying for me makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

Tiring, yes. But ultimately, I know it is all worth it ;) It has been a ride serving and running around to get things done throughout the camp, but it will always be worth it with the people, the love and God Himself working in the midst.

So, I am thankful. Oh on a side note, I PASS MY ASSIGNMENT 1.1! Now move on to 1.2 then.

And also here you go, the latest photo of us. It has been so busy that I did not take many photos throughout the camp. So both of us take this picture AFTER the camp - in the comfort of our couch haha.


Till then, see ya! 

Comments