Life Updates - What have I been up to?
A warm welcome to new readers on this site! I announced the blog to some of my close friends today so I assume there will be some who are reading it for the first time? I am also trying to see whether the subscription on the site works or not, so my husband is the first subscriber! (Or any of you has actually subscribed?)
So, I do want to update how my life has been. I know my featured post here probably addresses why I want to have this blog in the first place and I answered how my life here in Melbourne in this post too. But these are not recent updates so here I go!
Imagine you are so used to people at home that they greeted you every morning and the house was so loud and fun. But when they went back, it is just my husband and I again. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and still do not find it boring with just the two of us. (Good save right? 😋) BUT it is nice to have some extra company too. Oh well, life moves on and I kinda look forward to my next visitor on list - my brother!! (See, my house can be a perfect airbnb haha)
So, August does pass in a blink and then we welcome September and it is non-stop working. To start, I am the committee leader in the registration team for church camp which is going to be held next week starting 26 September over the long weekend. At first, I thought it was just fun and chilled but hey, we received like 300 people for registration!! I have never organized a camp such large scale before so panic starts to kick in. I started to worry a bit (or maybe a lot) and that is when I find it hard to sleep for a few nights. But stress aside, I know that it is going to be fun to be with the church family and they have been very accommodating and supportive too. I know that I am going to enjoy it regardless.
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” - Matthew 6:34
Learning to trust not in my own strength is an ongoing struggle. But reading the verse does give me the peace that I need. 😇
So, apart from this, work-wise, my colleagues are on an unpaid leave so I have been taking on her role too. Both of us are church admin but she focuses more in general admin and welcoming. Now that she is away, I am also doing the church bulletin, updating websites, email helpers and volunteers, make venue booking and etc. So, in short, it seems easy but it is a lot of people skill. You learn how to communicate effectively and efficiently and also juggling between different roles.
However, it does show me a great prospect because even before I graduated from the course, there is already someone who is keen to hire me! I do like working, but I like the work-life balance more which is why I am keen to go for a largely part-time role that a bookkeeper can offer. However, to start with that, I need to complete my course right? And needless to say, it has been really difficult to be on track with my study schedule because I just want to relax and chilled after a long day of work. Ok, maybe it is an excuse of mine. (And I STILL HAVE NOT SUBMITTED MY ASSIGNMENT)
PS: I need to caplock to remind myself to submit this next time I update my blog!
Anyway, a career change it seems? It has always been a work in progress because I do know that it is quite difficult to become a geologist again but I suppose it does work out better than I thought. Having the time I have and the work that I enjoy doing is not impossible I believe. The people skill is difficult and it frustrates me sometimes, but I know I truly enjoy what I am doing now. There is a purpose lies greater than my own for what I am doing, and I am writing here as a sober reminder for myself - to not give up and to always persevere.
Finally a proper update! Till then!
So, I do want to update how my life has been. I know my featured post here probably addresses why I want to have this blog in the first place and I answered how my life here in Melbourne in this post too. But these are not recent updates so here I go!
Life is busy.
So, for some of you who are probably aware, August is the month when I welcomed two of my VIPs here - my sister and her friends and my close unimates, YS who came over to stay at my place. So after they left, understandably I felt a bit lost and empty.![]() |
| Told you that I know you love me looo 😋 |
![]() |
| Pretty ladies in the park |
So, August does pass in a blink and then we welcome September and it is non-stop working. To start, I am the committee leader in the registration team for church camp which is going to be held next week starting 26 September over the long weekend. At first, I thought it was just fun and chilled but hey, we received like 300 people for registration!! I have never organized a camp such large scale before so panic starts to kick in. I started to worry a bit (or maybe a lot) and that is when I find it hard to sleep for a few nights. But stress aside, I know that it is going to be fun to be with the church family and they have been very accommodating and supportive too. I know that I am going to enjoy it regardless.
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” - Matthew 6:34
Learning to trust not in my own strength is an ongoing struggle. But reading the verse does give me the peace that I need. 😇
So, apart from this, work-wise, my colleagues are on an unpaid leave so I have been taking on her role too. Both of us are church admin but she focuses more in general admin and welcoming. Now that she is away, I am also doing the church bulletin, updating websites, email helpers and volunteers, make venue booking and etc. So, in short, it seems easy but it is a lot of people skill. You learn how to communicate effectively and efficiently and also juggling between different roles.
Not easy ah.
And lastly, I am continuing my study in Certificate IV course in Accounting and Bookkeeping. Why you say? Well, when you read my previous post, you will notice that my part-time position extends from 1 day to 4 days, mainly due to more responsibility that I am undertaking. I am also doing bookkeeping in the office and I do find it interesting as well. Honestly, I truly think that it is all in His control because just days before, my colleague told me that she knows of someone who wants to hire a part-time bookkeeper and asked me whether I will be interested. I turned it down because I still have so many on my plates now that I don't know whether I can manage another position.However, it does show me a great prospect because even before I graduated from the course, there is already someone who is keen to hire me! I do like working, but I like the work-life balance more which is why I am keen to go for a largely part-time role that a bookkeeper can offer. However, to start with that, I need to complete my course right? And needless to say, it has been really difficult to be on track with my study schedule because I just want to relax and chilled after a long day of work. Ok, maybe it is an excuse of mine. (And I STILL HAVE NOT SUBMITTED MY ASSIGNMENT)
PS: I need to caplock to remind myself to submit this next time I update my blog!
![]() |
| My routine when I am free - STUDY. Happened last Sunday with 3 hours free time and I am back to study. LOL |
Finally a proper update! Till then!




Comments
Post a Comment