How are you?
How are you?
This is probably the most asked question ever since I settled down here in Melbourne. And don't get me wrong, I love this question because that shows how much my family and friends care for me to check up on me and see how I am doing here.
However, I often find it hard to spill it all out with just a few messages across. My answer is always I am good but there are so much to elaborate behind this 'good'. Are there no struggles and challenges? There certainly are many of them. Then why is it 'good'? There are just so much that I want to share, and there are just so little space and time that I could tell you the stories and life that I have here.
Hence, I have been toying with the idea of re-opening this blog. I am not a good writer and I know no one writes blog anymore but as technology grows more advanced, I think it is sad that I feel more detached. (Perhaps it is also a sign of aging? Haha)
Pictures do say a thousand of words, but I also prefer to share my thoughts in words. I want a safe space for me to rant, to update and to share. I want you to really know what life here means for me, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, but most importantly, I do hope that through this channel, I can share my inner thoughts, struggles and what matters to me the most.
So, how am I ? I probably won't answer this question in this post (but you can find the answer at this post! HAHA) but you will expect a few updates from here on:
a) Melbourne - You will hear a lot about Melbourne. Perhaps it is my strategy to convince you to come find me here one day? haha. #comefindmehere
b) Food - Melbourne cafes and food, no doubt, are probably not that note-worthy as compared to the variety of food that we have in Malaysia. Still good though! I will share a few cafes and restaurants for my usual cafe-runs that I find them worth visiting and you probably can catch a glimpse of what I usually have here. (hint: Asian Food). And you will probably see a few posts of me baking and cooking as I shared some of the recipes I used. (Still not a qualified baker yet but trying my best here haha)
c) Travel - I tone down a lot though after married but I will probably do throwback posts on the trips I had done before. I still arrange travel once in a while but right now they are mainly domestic trips where we fly interstate. But travel is still so dear to me that I know I will just pack my bags and go whenever I need a break.
d) Personal - These will be the posts about my life here in Melbourne. Random stuffs and thoughts and just going through life. Some posts might get personal because rather than the happy and the flowery thing and the instagram-worthy pictures, I do want to share things that challenge me. Which is why, if you do want to share any of my posts with other friends, please let me know? I think I am quite a private person (which is why I have made this blog not searchable through Google) but I still love to share so it is no problem at all but just run me through.
e) Faith - Most importantly, you will hear me mention about God a lot. I am a Christian, and I am really glad that I am. I believe that Jesus is God and He dies on the cross to save me. You will probably find it astounding to hear something like this but same goes with me too! I still remember the first time I heard about this message, I am like: What is this? But it takes years for me as well. It has been a journey of searching, reflection, sharing, and stumbling but I am really glad that I find my way back to God. My husband and I firmly believe in the power of this message and we try to live by it every day. We love, because He first loved us. I invite you to read it with open heart and mind because it is a wonderful gift that God has given us. And if you have any questions and doubts, just feel free to shoot me a message too!
These are a few categories that I can think of and I will try my best to update it hopefully once every week. Leave any comments when you read. Let me know if you have been reading (or not). Haha.
We still of course have Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and etc but yes, you will find me here. You will find it here with lots of loves, home-sickness, randomness, nonsenses, insightful thoughts, challenges, here at this space with you.
Thank you for always being with me, wherever I am ;)
~ Loves, Susan
This is probably the most asked question ever since I settled down here in Melbourne. And don't get me wrong, I love this question because that shows how much my family and friends care for me to check up on me and see how I am doing here.
However, I often find it hard to spill it all out with just a few messages across. My answer is always I am good but there are so much to elaborate behind this 'good'. Are there no struggles and challenges? There certainly are many of them. Then why is it 'good'? There are just so much that I want to share, and there are just so little space and time that I could tell you the stories and life that I have here.
Hence, I have been toying with the idea of re-opening this blog. I am not a good writer and I know no one writes blog anymore but as technology grows more advanced, I think it is sad that I feel more detached. (Perhaps it is also a sign of aging? Haha)
| 2010- This is me in Melbourne with my favourite V sign. I do age no? Looks so chubby there. |
So, how am I ? I probably won't answer this question in this post (but you can find the answer at this post! HAHA) but you will expect a few updates from here on:
a) Melbourne - You will hear a lot about Melbourne. Perhaps it is my strategy to convince you to come find me here one day? haha. #comefindmehere
b) Food - Melbourne cafes and food, no doubt, are probably not that note-worthy as compared to the variety of food that we have in Malaysia. Still good though! I will share a few cafes and restaurants for my usual cafe-runs that I find them worth visiting and you probably can catch a glimpse of what I usually have here. (hint: Asian Food). And you will probably see a few posts of me baking and cooking as I shared some of the recipes I used. (Still not a qualified baker yet but trying my best here haha)
![]() |
| Homemade Cookies! Just did this few months ago hehe. |
d) Personal - These will be the posts about my life here in Melbourne. Random stuffs and thoughts and just going through life. Some posts might get personal because rather than the happy and the flowery thing and the instagram-worthy pictures, I do want to share things that challenge me. Which is why, if you do want to share any of my posts with other friends, please let me know? I think I am quite a private person (which is why I have made this blog not searchable through Google) but I still love to share so it is no problem at all but just run me through.
e) Faith - Most importantly, you will hear me mention about God a lot. I am a Christian, and I am really glad that I am. I believe that Jesus is God and He dies on the cross to save me. You will probably find it astounding to hear something like this but same goes with me too! I still remember the first time I heard about this message, I am like: What is this? But it takes years for me as well. It has been a journey of searching, reflection, sharing, and stumbling but I am really glad that I find my way back to God. My husband and I firmly believe in the power of this message and we try to live by it every day. We love, because He first loved us. I invite you to read it with open heart and mind because it is a wonderful gift that God has given us. And if you have any questions and doubts, just feel free to shoot me a message too!
These are a few categories that I can think of and I will try my best to update it hopefully once every week. Leave any comments when you read. Let me know if you have been reading (or not). Haha.
We still of course have Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and etc but yes, you will find me here. You will find it here with lots of loves, home-sickness, randomness, nonsenses, insightful thoughts, challenges, here at this space with you.
Thank you for always being with me, wherever I am ;)
~ Loves, Susan

