Busy week~~
F- haristopoli!!=)
[ Thank you very much in Greek, not the exact spelling, but this is how it pronounces..=) ]
[ Thank you very much in Greek, not the exact spelling, but this is how it pronounces..=) ]
I had a fulfilling and enjoyable week, sometimes I wonder what are the reasons I come to Melbourne? Am I seriously coming here just to further my studies? I have been skipping my lectures most of the time. =p
Sigh. Where is my study mood?
But anyway, last week I had BBQ, Melbourne City Romp and I had just finished my night market event. Australia's culture is all about barbecue, almost every week they have bbq, and the menu is never changed- sausages, bread and chicken.=.= I am now quite pro in bbq after all those 'training'. Haha. I had one petronas bbq and yinshia's birthday bbq last week. Again, it was so much fun when we played Heart Attack and a long nice jialat chat. =] ( inside joke thou, haha)
- In front of the Hellenic Museum. At my checkpoint.
I became the volunteer for Melbourne City Romp too. It was organized by Burnet Institute last week to raise funds, a charity event which can be taken part by all citizens in Australia, part like amazing race and part like treasure hunt. I was the checkpoint officer that handed out the challenge cards to rompers( in this context, rompers mean the participants. =] ) My checkpoint was Hellenic Museum and the Greek words mentioned was learnt there.It was fun thou, despite the hot sun, and most importantly, it was a wholly new experience to me. =)
I became the volunteer for Melbourne City Romp too. It was organized by Burnet Institute last week to raise funds, a charity event which can be taken part by all citizens in Australia, part like amazing race and part like treasure hunt. I was the checkpoint officer that handed out the challenge cards to rompers( in this context, rompers mean the participants. =] ) My checkpoint was Hellenic Museum and the Greek words mentioned was learnt there.It was fun thou, despite the hot sun, and most importantly, it was a wholly new experience to me. =)
After that, I was the project manager for the night market event held just now. I was elected to represent PETROVIC Club and we had decided to sell roti jala, cendol and dim sum. Night market was somehow similar to pasar malam in Malaysia, but it was fun as you can experience a fantastic multicultural experience where there were many stalls selling different delicacies from a variety of countries. Free performance too!!=] And I had to delegate the tasks to the committee members to buy raw materials to cook curry, prepare cendol, fry roti jala, etc...Frankly speaking, I was quite stressed before the event but in the end, the business turned out to be good. =] We had fun when we traveled a long way to other suburbs to buy raw materials such as halal meat and dim sum, when we were having trial for our roti jala, when we were busy selling the food or even when we had postmortem just now regarding the event. I am really thankful for the help and guidance offered by my seniors in successfully organizing this event. And I am even more thankful for the support of my friends who came to the stall. =)
Laughter, fun, happiness =)
So, I do come here for reasons I guess- not totally about studies, but to experience more, to laugh more, to love more and to appreciate more =)
I am glad that when life offers me lemon, I am now actually trying to make it a lemonade. =) It is not that tough right?
I am glad that when life offers me lemon, I am now actually trying to make it a lemonade. =) It is not that tough right?
Postcards today: BBQ, Night market
And we played the sparkler. =)
We were supposed to write ' I Love U'. Haha.
-Nice? I love this shot very much. Here a special thank you to Lin Inn, Yin Shia, Lee Chien, Brandon, Yong Scen and all for inviting me to the birthday party although I dont really have same class with you all. =]
- Our night market stall. Before and after. Haha.
So, bye everyone!! I will TRY to concentrate in my studies. oops. =p.
~lotsa love, susan



weiii..i second sem baru skip class..u baru one month then u skip class..isn't tat overboard??hmmmm...??
ReplyDeletesuuuuusan! saw your comment on my birthday blog entry, very happy (like finally got someone comment on that blog, me spent so much time updating it hahaha)
ReplyDeleteyah i think i'll meet up with wai yee during the easter break, shall ask her about u! hahah ya the world is so small! i read ur blog pretty often de haha, should link u when i have time too :)